Home Court for Practice and Game
Pompano Beach Middle School
310 NE 6th Street
Pompano Beach, Florida 33060
North Pompano Park
4400 NE 18th Avenue
Pompano, Florida 33064
Alex L. Jenkins
Inaugural Coach for the two years of the program
Alex L. Jenkins
Inaugural Athletic Director for the two year of the program
Year of Program
Q: Does New Life Preparatory Academy offer a Sports Program?
A: New Life Preparatory Academy is dedicated to offering competitive athletic programs for the student body. We are presently planning to offer Grades 6-12 an opportunity to compete in football and basketball. Our vision of creating a top-notch athletic program to introduce our students to college scholarship opportunities. New Life Preparatory Academy plans to offer varsity football and also basketball very shortly. In addition, we will seek the best and brightest coaches to lead our teams.
A: Please contact the New Life Preparatory Academy team at (954) 851-6608 or stop by our local offices during regular business hours for more information.
The New Life Preparatory Academy “The Mighty Camels” is based in Pompano Beach, Broward County, South Florida. The teams are primarily made up of homeschooled and private schooled students, along with other students who don’t have an opportunity to play high school ball in their current charter school. The Mighty Camels is an Independent High School Sports program and has applied for membership in the Sunshine State Athletic Association conference and are looking to develop a winning tradition and compete for many SSAA conference championships in years to come. Coach Jenkins’ vision is to develop a program that assists student-athletes to gain exposure and enhance their opportunity to play football and basketball at the collegiate level.
New Life Preparatory Athletic Mission Statement
New Life Preparatory Academy Athletic Department aspires to be a highly competitive and outstanding educational-athletic organization that provides a high-quality experience to every athlete. A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete:
- Is coached using the principles of Positive Coaching.
- Has fun at practices and games.
- Feels like an important part of the team regardless of performance.
- Learns “life lessons” that have value beyond the playing field.
- Learns the skills, tactics, and strategies of the game and improves as a player.
We recognize that coaches are the people who most directly make this all possible. It is our goal to provide every coach with the tools to succeed as a Positive Coach.
We are committed to creating a positive culture, in which coaches, parents, fans, officials, and athletes work together to achieve our mission.
New Life Preparatory Academy student-athletes have a Christ-centered dedication to excellence in athletics. As they continue to compete at the highest level for God’s glory, they are mindful of our athletic expectations listed below. These are the standards that we strive to follow to represent Christ, our families, and New Life Preparatory Academy in all areas of competition.
Student-Athlete Expectations At NLPA
It is an honor and privilege to participate in athletics at New Life Preparatory Academy. As a student-athlete at NLPA, I am expected to strive to meet and whenever possible exceed the following expectations for God’s glory:
- Exemplify Jesus Christ with my words, attitude, practices, preparation, performances, and witness both on and off the field.
- Pursue excellence as an individual, team member, and school community member in academics as well as athletics.
- Prepare, expect and compete to win with honesty and integrity.
- Model a humble and thankful spirit in victory, and a gracious and respectful spirit in defeat.
- Demonstrate a respectful attitude and an appreciation for my parents, coaches, teammates, fans, opponents, and officials in victory and defeat.